Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can I send a polite reminder?

How can I send a polite reminder?

How can I send a polite reminder for people to leave me feedback. I had already left feedback for the people but they never seem to leave feddback for me. Any polite why of asking or is asking to tacky?

For a couple of years (I don't do it anymore because it's too time consuming), I included this note on a strip of paper in the package. I had the note saved as a Word document, 8 would fit on a sheet of paper, and I would print out a new sheet whenever I needed to. I would always use pretty colored paper so it would stand out. I got on the average about 75% of my buyers leaving feedback with the note alone.

Here's what it says:

It has been a pleasure doing business with you. I will be leaving
    positive feedback on your behalf and would be delighted if you
    would do the same for me. Thanks, Dyan

If you would like to send it in an email after the person received the package, it would probably be as effective.

Hope this helps!
    Dyan

Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
    Whenever I send out items I have sold I include these GREAT little business cards that I got made at http://www.vistaprint.com. They have my ebay id, name and address, and email address on them, and a little paragraph that says that I appreciate their business and their feedback is appreciated.

When I am buying things, I always leave feedback when the item arrives, and if I haven't gotten feedback from that person yet, I will send them a quick little email to say that I got their product and I am happy with it, and have left feedback. Sort of like a *hint**hint*

I have the same problem with feedback. I think I now have it from everyone I've bought from, but sometimes it takes a while. I think people may do it monthly or something.

I really like it when I get a little note with my purchase. It makes me feel like the seller cares about their item and that they took the time to write something out. I always leave feedback, but I am more inclined to leave a positive when there is a personal note from seller.

Thanks for the suggestions!

They sounds like great ideas, I will try them!

I also heard about "feedback hostage" what exactly is that?

I also heard about "feedback hostage" what exactly is that?
    Feedback hostage is when sellers wait until you leave positive feedback about them before they leave it about you. That way if something goes wrong, they have more power in reaching an agreement b/c neither party wants negative feedback.

Cabarett, how long have you been waiting since the auction(s) has closed for the trader to leave feedback? A lot of eBayers (moi included) do it in bulk once a week or whenever their schedule permits. Give it a few weeks first, then you could email a polite reminder.

And heck ya, I use feedback hostage too, but only on certain traders - if I see their feedback is tainted, if they've left wise cracking remarks to other traders, OR if they took too long to pay,I'll wait til they leave mine first. Commando eBay tactics.

I just did this recently (after asking the advice of the worthy folks on this forum). I sent a brief email, simply saying "Thank you very much for the X, which I received and am very happy with. I have left you positive feedback and would appreciate your reciprocation when you have the time! I hope to do business again with you soon" or something along those lines. VERY friendly, and I made sure to indicate that I wasn't in any hurry, just a gentle reminder. I got the feedback within 2 days.

As an aside, just wanted to say thanks to kimwindle for the opinion on getting a note with the purchase; I've recently started selling and have been including quick little thank-yous in the packages. Feels good from this end, too, and so it's nice to know that others appreciate it. I'll keep up the practice.

~Nick

End of auctions were Oct 11

Do I give more time? I do want to email some kind of note.

When I thought about this feedback conversation I was thinking I would have had tons more feedback if everyone I sold/bought from left one!

Personally I'd give another week or two. But something else you could do...go check the trader(s) feedback (where it pulls up the eBay ID Card) and then click "Feedback about others" underneath the rectangular box. Then you can see if he/she's left feedback recently.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast