Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free eye exam, lenses & frames for kids

Free eye exam, lenses & frames for kids

Borrowed...

Wal-Mart stores with a vision
    center will be sponsoring a program called "Project Insight".
    This program is being offered to children up to the age of 18
    years old with NO insurance. Wal-Mart will provide the eye exam
    for FREE and will also pay for frames and lenses. This program
    is open to all children.

Hope this helps someone :D

We just found out our son needs glasses (he's 8 1/2) but we do have insurance so this doesn't apply to us but it is a great program and I'm sure there are lots of people who could use it!

This sounds great! Is there a web site that explains the program?
    TIA!

I couldn't find a link explaining it. I found a few articles mentioning it. The website this was posted on, someone had called their Wal-Mart and it was only children up to age 12. And one of the articles that I found that mentioned the program said it was available until November 15, 2003. So if anyone is interested, I would suggest calling your local Wal-Mart to find out the details.

Wow, what a great post if it is available at my local Walmart supercenter. I have 2 boys that where glasses and we have no optical insurance. I wonder if they have income guidelines. I am sure I would qualify. I will stop in there on Friday and find out the details. Thanks for the post.

Thumbs up I called and this is the response...

You can't have any eyecare insurance. You need either a social worker or school counselor's written consent that your child is in need of a vision test and would possibly need glasses. Also that you don't have any vision insurance. They accept so many per store. It has to be done before November 15th.

My son just had a vision screening at school and said that he thinks he failed. I wonder if the form that they send home from school would be sufficient enough?

Free eye exam, lenses & frames for kids

thanks that will help so much my olds lost hers in the fire and are
    insurance will not cover new ones for a year even thow she can not see in one eye call they said they will get her them so thanks so much
    i have been trying to find a way to get them with all the money we had to come up with just to get in a home and cloths things that they just had to have

I have done this with my son for the last 2 years. Both times the principal of his school called and asked if my son needed a eye exam and all I had to do was call and make the appoitment. It is a wonderful program. Too bad he will be to old next year.

I want to say THANK YOU !!!!! For posting this. I called our local WalMart and yes they are participating in this.

Well my 10yr old needed glasses & ex hubby is a deadbeat, but that is a totally different story. Anyways, we got an appointment right away. He is nearsighted & the glasses would have been $92.

Once again POKEBERRY.............. THANK YOU!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast