Thread: Getting Silly Putty out of Sheets?

Getting Silly Putty out of Sheets?

Does anyone know how to get silly putty out of sheets? My friend's son brought silly putty into his bed and it melted into the sheets. Thanks

a cheesehead living in flatlander country
    i found this ...

Q: My son has managed to get Silly Putty stuck to his comforter -- it's as if the stuff has been smashed into the fabric like gum. Now what do I do? -Pamela Luckett, Obion, TN

A: Using a dull knife, gently scrape off as much of the putty as you can. Then spray a lubricating oil over the area and wait a bit. Spray again and use cotton balls to lift the stain. If anything remains, saturate a cotton ball with rubbing alcohol, blot the area and rinse with water. Still some residue? Apply a dry-cleaning solvent, then launder as you normally would.

http://magazines.ivillage.com/goodho...552104,00.html

hth!

Would freezing the sheets make the putty brittle and easier to remove?

OMG, I can't believe there is a post about this, lol. My husband and I and our two young children had spent a week at a hotel on vacation and our 4 yo ds had silly putty. He played with it on the hotel bed and the putty got mushed into the bedspread. All I thought was, OH NO! We are going to have to pay for a new bedspread! lol. All I did was took the 'good' putty, rolled in in a ball, and kept dabbing at the putty that was stuck into the bedspread. I got it all out doing it this way. It took a little time, but was worth it rather than having to possibly pay the hotel to replace the bedspread or have it professionally cleaned!
    Good Luck!