Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you get stamps off an envelope?

How do you get stamps off an envelope?

I was wondering if anyone knew how to get stamps off an envelope. I stuck one to an envelope and then mis-addressed it.

Whenever I've done that, I've always cut around the stamp, and taped it onto another envelope.

geez, you're lucky!~ I got tape on a stamp once and received a letter from the PostMaster about taping stamps being a big fat no-no!
    you can take the envelope into your post office and they will replace it, or, you can place a wet rag over the stamp so it gets soaked and it will peel right off. that's how I do it.

I've just tried to peel it right off and if it had too much of the envelpe stuck to it to stick well, I just dabbed a little glue on it
    HTH

I agree with wheresthedeal, don't cover the stamp with tape.....that is a HUGE no no.

It might be easier to leave the stamp on the envie and just cover up the addy with a blank label or piece of scap paper taped over top. Thats what we do on the cpn trains. :-)

Re: How do you get stamps off an envelope?

Originally posted by naisy
    I was wondering if anyone knew how to get stamps off an envelope. I stuck one to an envelope and then mis-addressed it.

just cut around the stamp...put it in a glass of water
    let it sit for a an hour and it will peel right off..
    than just glue it to the envelope

Get a bottle of Un-Du - it will take the stamp off and leave it sticky so that you can restick it to another envelope!

You can get it at Michael's or any craft store.

Originally posted by Flocky
    I agree with wheresthedeal, don't cover the stamp with tape.....that is a HUGE no no.
    I wonder if PO's operate by different standards of leniency then, because I've actually done that several times without a prob. I know I've taped over stamps sealing up my coupon train envies also, quite a few times.

Thanks for all of the tips!

Someone else told me to put the stamped envelope into the freezer and then pull it off. I'll post if it works!

Sort of related-I had my mailman inform me, when I got a letter returned for insufficient postage last time, that I only needed to add the extra stamp and I could put the envelope back out. All this time, I had assumed that I had to just take a loss on that first stamp and envelope. It was news to me, lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast