Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to get body odor out of clothes

How to get body odor out of clothes

I have a friend that sweats really bad in the summertime and after he washes his clothes, the smell of prespiration is still lingering in his clothes..Any ideas on how to get rid of this: like detergent or Household remedies. Any help is appreciated.

Gain detergent in combination with Gain dryer sheets seem to leave quite a bit of fragrance on our laundry. But as far as eliminating odors all together, maybe baking soda or borax powder in the wash? Calgon water softener is highly fragrant also.

I recommend soaking it overnight in some detergent and fabric softner and then washing them on the heavy duty cycle. Thereafter he can hang them outside to dry in the sun (the fresh air will help get rid of the lingering smell) and spray with Febreeze thereafter. An expensive method so he'd better treat the cause I think, which is his sweating. Consulting a dermatologist may help. Good luck!

I heard something like a capful of vinager in your wash helps for those yellow pit stain marks. Maybe that will help??

I used to have to use white vinegar on clothes that were like that, I just poured it all over the pit stains as I was sorting the clothes into the washer. it worked

Some know nothing but think they know everything.
    the smell from my sons shinguards could kill someone--the only thing that neutralizes the odor is white vinegar in the wash---I buy a gallon jug and just pour some in before the washer fills.

i put in a little PineSol in with really dirty towels etc. in addition to detergent) Just please read the bottle first and check for color fading first.

good luck!!

I really like Febreze Laundry Odor Eliminator. Go here to read about it and to get a coupon: www.newfebreeze.com

i swear by oxy clean- my fiance used to work at home depot in the lumber dept loading trucks all day in florida-come summer time he was pretty smelly.i tried lots of things and found that 3 scoops of oxy clean with tide detergent worked great

I also like white vinager for the cure to this problem. It is cheap, and works real well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast