Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Free mineral makeup sample kits, pay only shipping cheaper than bare minerals

Quote Originally Posted by SARGEGRL5
    i.d. bareMinerals makeup is about being true to your i.d.entity. They refer to it as one of their lines of makeup

Thanks! That makes sense!

If you like that kind of makeup Sally beauty supply sales it. Its not bare minerals but its like the same things for a much cheaper price. Average price is $15.00

Other companies that make mineral makeup that offer cheap samples:

www.aromaleigh.com

www.monave.com

One of them is like $2.50 for a sample and the other is $10 for like six samples. I haven't tried either personally, but they came recommended from a friend of a friend.
    -m

Thanks, that www.monave.com is a nice site, but I was about to checkout and realized the price just doesn't compare to the samples everydayminerals has sent me...5 5g. sample pots for under $4 shipped.They will last me 2-3 weeks and I am using them daily. They want $13 shipped for what looks like 4 5g. sample pots + 6 dime sized baggies at monave.

Has anyone tried this Monave stuff?

Aromaleigh has 1/2 tsp's for $2.20 each, before shipping.
    Last edited by sugaree; 09-29-2006 at 10:38 PM.

bare minerals was created by jane IreDale, hence the ID

I'm going to give this a whirl. Thanks!

I have been using BE for 2 years and love it! When I saw the posting for the Everyday Minerals I had ran out of my BE and thought I would give it a try. I have to say - it is just as good as or better than BE. You have to get the correct colors in order for the coverage to be correct but that is true with BE also. I ordered the sample kit and a couple of the samples were much too light for my skin , therefore I didn't get good coverage. The ones that match my skin are great. It gives you a light feeling on your face and yet you glow. The thing I don't like about liquid makeup is it leaves my face feeling heavy like I have a mask on. With the mineral makeup you just feel fresh. I read on one board that someone said it takes a long time to apply the mineral makeup- I don't find that true at all. It takes me half the time to apply it because you don't have all that blending and smoothing you have with liguid makeup. Plus ,I think of it this way, I am not doing all that tugging and pulling on my skin that I have to do with liquid. You just simply brush it on with the soft brushes. Light and airy is the best way to describe it. I highly recommend the Everyday Minerals as a substitute for the BE- both are excellent products but for those who are budget minded I suggest the EM.I am 46 and it makes my skin look great.
    www.everydayminerals.com
    Last edited by Jules0988; 09-30-2006 at 08:16 AM.

For $3.99 I gave it a try...I really wanted the blush and shadows. I've been using Smoky Mountain Minerals...I really like then and it is cheaper that BM! They don't come in the sifter containers, but you can order those seperate. (4 for $10) I've been applying them with a retractable make up brush I got from good 'ol Walmart. When it is closed it fits perfectly in the little sample containers. And then I tap it off....don't laugh...in my daughters small tea party bowl! Coverage is great and it stays put! Even when my face gets oily or I sweat.

They have kits starting as low as $16.95 (compared to BM $65)

www.smokymountainminerals.com

For 3.99..i'm trying them. Thank you

Thanks! I hope my foundation shades are a near-match.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast