Thread: Can I transfer my old tracfone number to a new tracfone?

Can I transfer my old tracfone number to a new tracfone?

I need to get a new tracfone, but it would make life much easier if I could keep my old number. DOes anyone know if this is possible? TIA!!

I did this with Cingular but it's in the questions under policies and procedures section. This is what it said:

If I buy a new TRACFONE, can I transfer my phone number to the new phone?

Yes, you can transfer the phone number into your new TRACFONE by calling the Customer Care Center at 1-800-867-7183.
    http://www.qksrv.net/click-282560-9320781
    Last edited by Admin; 12-27-2006 at 01:41 PM.

Yes, I just did it. I advise you to keep calling until you can get a CS that is English speaking. It took 30 minutes to change mine, he was too hard to understand. At the end we were both so glad it was done.

Smile keep tracfone number

In many cases it is possible to keep your number. The only problem is it can take up to 3 days longer for activation and how busy tracfone is.

Wow, I just got off the phone with Tracfone about this. She said I need to get my new phone activated and get a new phone number before transferring the other one so I guess I have to call back once that's done.

Question

I'd call back because they told me not to activate the phone until my number was ported?

Quote Originally Posted by postal1110 View Post
    I need to get a new tracfone, but it would make life much easier if I could keep my old number. DOes anyone know if this is possible? TIA!!

I just bought a new tracfone from Dollar General. The one I was using was very old, (one of the originals,) I think it depends on which model you upgrade to. I could not transfer my old number, had to get a new one!

I agree, It is a royal pain to try to find someone who speaks English. WOW, what a pain.

HTH

Dorinda

You were right about calling back, thank you. The next person I talked to said I shouldn't have activated the new phone first. They are sending me a new SIM card and I have to call back again to put the old number on the new phone.

[QUOTE=dab41963;1355217]
    I agree, It is a royal pain to try to find someone who speaks English. WOW, what a pain.
    /QUOTE]

Thank the person who's responsible for shipping US jobs over to foreign countries.

I did this....had an old one, bought a new one years later after cancelling the old one......anyway....w/o me asking, they gave me the exact # I had on my old phone....SWEET!!!~