Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT woman arrested for coupon fraud

OT woman arrested for coupon fraud

Apparently this woman really ruined a lot of stuff for the rest of us who only print 1 legal coupon.
    Heres the story: http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/new...ND+%22fraud%22

wow ...can you beleive she did all of this ..i guess this was a full time job for her..now i think i will be harder to use coupns

Lovely... I'm glad I work for a living...HONESTLY.
    Glad they caught her.

I know of someone who is doing the garage sells and ebay but they are not copying coupons (still wrong) but I know she is using coupons that say $5/2 on 1 or buying wrong items with coupons and I would love to know where to report her. She goes in and will buy 100 of the same item with the coupons at one time. I have reported her to some of the stores in my area and she is band at this point from those few. I can see using a few (2 or 3) but not 100's and then selling on ebay. She is of course a power seller and has been for at least 5 years. I heard she makes anywhere from $3,000 to $5,000 a month. People that are taking advantage of these coupons are ruining it for the rest of us who actually use for our family and to make are money stretch. I have printed some forms to turn her into IRS because I know she is not reporting this income.

Thumbs down oohhh

i get lets of free product coupons from colgate/palmolive because i'm on the mom's panel and now i'll feel like the checker thinks i'm a counterfitter! i can picture being at checkout getting free toothbrushes,paste,murphy's oil soap,sauvitel,dishsoap and liquid handsoap "usually the free coupons they send" and the swat team telling me to freeze lol lol people are so greedy and lazy! with all that effort and the brain to get away with it so long...she should of had a real job!

Of course this lady went wrong by: copying/forging coupons and selling the coupons on Ebay or at garage sales.

Is it wrong, though, to purchase 100 items at a time using legitimate coupons that have not been purchased or transferred? My store has a limit of redeeming six of the exact same coupon in a single shopping trip, by not all do.

Also, if someone gets free items from using legitimate coupons, would it not be okay to sell those items at a garage sale or ebay?

I am thinking of the Palmolive gel tabs $2 off coupons a few years back when they introduced the bigger box size. Many stores still had the small boxes in stock from $1.88 to $2.39, depending on the store. The coupons were free in one of those little red coupon dispensers next to the product. If a store had no limit, could one have not purchased 100 and sold them at garage sales? I would way to embarrassed to buy anywhere near that many, but would it break the law?

goldeng

Quote Originally Posted by alexajanea View Post
    I know of someone who is doing the garage sells and ebay but they are not copying coupons (still wrong) but I know she is using coupons that say $5/2 on 1 or buying wrong items with coupons and I would love to know where to report her. She goes in and will buy 100 of the same item with the coupons at one time. I have reported her to some of the stores in my area and she is band at this point from those few. I can see using a few (2 or 3) but not 100's and then selling on ebay. She is of course a power seller and has been for at least 5 years. I heard she makes anywhere from $3,000 to $5,000 a month. People that are taking advantage of these coupons are ruining it for the rest of us who actually use for our family and to make are money stretch. I have printed some forms to turn her into IRS because I know she is not reporting this income.

It is wrong because she is going to paper machines and stealing the coupons from the papers and most say limit of one coupon. I get 3 different papers a week that I pay for so yes I do feel that I should be able to use those 3 set of inserts. I am not knocking anyone who uses a few or more within reason but don't ruin it for everyone with greed, if that was the case then we should all be doing it. I have used a few at a time (2 or 3) but not ever clear there shelves then head to the next store and do the same to make a BIG PROFIT that is COUPON FRAUD. I can see trading a coupon that you can't use, I am not against that it is just these people that are REALLY taking advantage. Apparently you also missed the part where I said she is also using coupons that are for $5/2 for $5/1. She has learned to read the barcodes and uses them incorrectly to her advantage. She actually got a cashier fired for using the scentstories $10 coupons on just refills to get them free (was both of there faults) but she is doing this for a BIG PROFIT and I do not agree with it. I don't mean to sound harsh but it will eventually ruine it for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by goldeng View Post
    Of course this lady went wrong by: copying/forging coupons and selling the coupons on Ebay or at garage sales.

Is it wrong, though, to purchase 100 items at a time using legitimate coupons that have not been purchased or transferred? My store has a limit of redeeming six of the exact same coupon in a single shopping trip, by not all do.

Also, if someone gets free items from using legitimate coupons, would it not be okay to sell those items at a garage sale or ebay?

I am thinking of the Palmolive gel tabs $2 off coupons a few years back when they introduced the bigger box size. Many stores still had the small boxes in stock from $1.88 to $2.39, depending on the store. The coupons were free in one of those little red coupon dispensers next to the product. If a store had no limit, could one have not purchased 100 and sold them at garage sales? I would way to embarrassed to buy anywhere near that many, but would it break the law?

goldeng

thanks OP for the post...that was very interesting
    i gotta say, unless its something i really really use/need, i dont print coupons off the internet just to save me the hassle...because of, well, people like her who have made it difficult for the rest of us...so, i AM glad she got busted....
    HOWEVER...i cant help but think...hmmmm...with THOSE tax dollars, they'll probably try & set an example of her, give her something like 13 years w/out possiblity of parole while meanwhile....17 sexual predators will move out of their registered mamma's house and into their newest girlfriends house around the corner in my neighborhood...eh...whaddya gonna do?!!?

A couple of years ago I purchased her coupons on Ebay for diapers and Tide. You could tell they were scanned.....glad she finally got caught.

That's wonderful that she was caught! When you think of it, coupons hold a cash value towards the purchase of an item so in essence it's kind of like money laundering! I'm like many of you YDF'ers--I only print and use what I need!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast