Thread: Lowering Blood Pressure

Lowering Blood Pressure

500 mg Vitamin C (daily) keeps blood vessels healthy, increasing blood flow to the heart and preventing plaque build up.

2.5 mg dose of melatonin (A daily dose of melatonin can decrease pressure in three weeks.)

100 mg daily of pycnogenol, an antioxidant supplement made from the bark of French pine trees, with doctors approval can cut daily dose of blood pressure medication by 30%. (Pycnogenol helps increase blood flow in blood vessels and capillaries.)

Take deep breaths. Spend 10-15 minutes of closing your eyes and listening to your breathing. Smokers inhale deeply and let it out as they take in addicting toxins. Research suggests that a smokers body is actually craving the de-stressing that comes from relaxing deep breathing. Studies are being done to see if smokers can overcome their addiction by replacing the inhaling/exhaling of smoking with deep breathing. So far, so good.

Studies have shown that workplace stress can lead to serious ailments such as an increase in rates of heart disease, flu virus, metabolic syndrome and high blood pressure.

Lack of sleep can lead to strokes, heart attacks, high blood pressure, psychiatric problems, weight gain, decreased alertness, impaired memory and cognitive ability and along with the increased stress. Get plenty of sleep.

AVOID
    Accent flavor enhancer- AVOID! Pure and simple it is MSG! (MSG increases the risk of heart disease, stroke, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes and certain types of cancer.

Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) AVOID! HEART heart palpitations (fluttering, irregular heartbeats- extreme drop in blood pressure, rapid heartbeat (tachycardia); angina; Cardiac Arrest Symptoms All restaurants are now using it in some form. Bad for the heart and diabetes. See list of aliases MSG is purposely hidden under so you don't know it is in the product. Weight gain from MSG promoting overeating puts stress on heart.
    Bouillon, Campbell's soups, chips such as Doritoes contains MSG

http://www.zeer.com/Food-Products/Do...243169760a4b50

GOOD FOODS-
    Fish (fatty-salmon, tuna sardines) protects heart. Eat 5 oz. of fish a week to cut risk by 38%. Helps lower blood pressure and prevent clogged arteries. If you aren't getting enough Omega 3 it results in short term memory loss and reduced mental abilities). See Walnuts as they are high in Omega 3.

Soy nuts- 1/2 c. daily to load up on isoflavones, natural compounds that relax artery walls and blood pressure will drop by as much as 10 points.

Nuts unsalted protects Nuts are high in magnesium Stress can make blood sugar rise. Nuts (such as cashews) helps relieve stress, (Stress slows down metabolism which causes weight gain.) People feel calm and content happier, more relaxed mood, reduces hunger, boosts sense of well being, making it easier to stick to a diet, reduces nighttime munchies so we we don't crave sweets.

Guggul an extract made from the gum of an Indian tree, significantly lowered heart-damaging cholesterol, blood pressure and triglyceride levels up to 23% after 3 months use. 25 mg three times a day

Whole wheat is high in magnesium.
    Last edited by girltalk; 09-19-2010 at 11:57 PM.

What'cha tryin to fix BIG boy;ain't nuthin broke (down here in Bama)

TY for the info.

I did not know MSG was in Doritos...darn i had some with my mercury filled tuna. I think we need a book on what foods are not toxic.Well back to reading all the labels again
    I cooked salmon last week,canned salmon instead of fillets.One can of my usual brand used to make 6 good size patties,I had to open two to get the same amount.Quality is down price is up.
    If someone comes up with a weight loss,permanant way of life eating,non toxic ,and not budget breaking way to eat thats nutritional.they could make mega millions.I would buy it if it was not just beans and rice recipes LOL

Fennel Herb Improves Digestion and Lowers Blood pressure

according to Suzy Cohen of Dear Pharmacist http://dearpharmacist.com/?p=744

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopkitty View Post
    I did not know MSG was in Doritos...darn i had some with my mercury filled tuna. I think we need a book on what foods are not toxic.Well back to reading all the labels again
    Zeer.com

Thanks for sharing it. Even I had come across an article regarding the lowering blood pressure its a great one. I thought to share about it

http://www.webmd.com/hypertension-hi...2-step-process

White Coat Syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by deenamathew View Post
    Thanks for sharing it. Even I had come across an article regarding the lowering blood pressure its a great one. I thought to share about it

http://www.webmd.com/hypertension-hi...2-step-process

Thank you. I found your article quite interesting. Some people go to the doctor's office, after rushing there for an appointment and are immediately put into a room, where a nurse takes blood pressure. It can be sky high due to nerves. Always ask to rest at least five minutes, and have the blood pressure taken a second time.