Thread: Did I win?

Did I win?

I received this email today. I was wondering if anyone else got the same one..

Congratulations (my name here) You have won a trip to Disney! Sometime ago you signed up at one of our free offer giveaway sites. This email is to notify you that when you submitted the following information: (email, name , ph number and address here) You have won an all expense paid trip for two to Disney. Please update your information at the winner's site and we will promptly ship out your Disney tickets. Link to package
    Thanks, Sue Madden
    Travel Getaways, Inc.

Wow I don't know. I googled Travel getaways Inc and nothing at all comes up for this company. I also typed it in the address bar and it goes to a different travel site. Is there a phone # you can call. I have a sneaky feeling something isn't right here. It sounds like they are going to send you a couple of tickets to Disney but the wording makes it seem as if it is a full trip then they say they will ship your tickets out. Usually with a huge win like a trip you have to fill out an affy. I am not sure on this one.

DO NOT click on the link in your email. Copy and paste it then put it into your address bar and see what site it takes you to. But again DO NOT click on the link to be on the safe side.
    Last edited by freebiemaniac; 10-17-2007 at 08:41 PM.

I would be cautious about this. I googled it and a few things about time share scams came up.
    Just make sure that you don't give them too much personal information until you find out for sure if it's legit.
    I hope it is a real win!!!

And especially don't give them ANY money at all! This really sounds like one of those trips you "win" but you might have to pay something to hold your spot and you have to go to a time share presentation before you get your disney tickets and you don't really get what you think you're going to get. You hear about these scams all the time and how they misrepresent what they are. Please make sure you don't pay them any money. A true win won't cost you anything at all.
    Last edited by MusicLady; 10-17-2007 at 09:19 PM.

Sounds like a time share. One of the contests posted here recently said that was the purpose of the contest (to promote a timeshare) and that you would be called; I skipped that one, but maybe that's where it's from?

I second the advice about not clicking on any links in the e-mail. If there's another way to contact them, maybe.... You could also try looking at the full header info to see where it really came from.

Its a time share scam...

Sorry its not legit..

If you do this, you will have to set through a time share meeting and then see if you qualify for a trip.

Just about like all these scams that is in my email every day:

Congradulations: you won a such and such Then you open it.. Then it states take a survey, agree to this silver and 6 bronze and 2 gold this that and the other..

Thanks so much for the replies. I was worried about this one. I get a lot of spam/ scam emails daily. This one just looked a little different.

I did copy and paste the link. It sent me to a site that just asked for my mailing information, Nothing else. IDK tho. Still seems fishy to me .

Sorry Looks like a scam, like you suspected.
    http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/fo...d.php?t=616855 shows another thread. Different trip, same person, same scam. on them.