There are three types of Shutterfly shipping codes:
1 - Account Codes - Shutterfly adds a code to your account and, depending on your email preferences, emails you to alert you to the offer. This is not transferable - the offer is tied to that Shutterfly account. Many of the folks here wait up for these offers. Some folks will even trade their entire account so you can access these offers.
The ONLY free shipping codes at this time are account codes.
2 - Shareable Codes - Shutterfly has some codes that are offered to affiliates/partners, like XXXX-FS09 which offers free shipping on orders over 15.00. [THAT IS A SAMPLE CODE ONLY - IT WILL NOT WORK] These coupons can be shared and used in multiple accounts. (Though typically they can only be used once in the same account). Some really sleezy ebay sellers try to sell these codes which you could get on your own by reading this or other forums.
Current shareable Shutterfly Coupon Codes:
- 1 Free 5x7 greeting card from Parent's magazine. Expires December 24, 2007. PMQ4-CARD
- If you login to your account via this link you will get a 10% off coupon good for 30 days from the day you enter it. www.shutterfly.com/ent2007
- If you login to your account via this link you will get a 10% off coupon good for 30 days from the day you enter it. www.shutterfly.com/ent2008. The link will be online till 12/31/2008, the coupon is good for 30 days from the day you use it.
- Save$10 on orders of $40 or more exp 12/10. It will stack. credit goes to dadodokaka use code SON5-SONY
- Free Shipping on orders over $30.00 use coupon code: UPS1-SAVE (Valid through 12/21/07) thanks to cvsrocks
- Save 20% on orders of $40 or more: 32AF-11DR (Offer expires December 4, 2007) - does not apply to shipping or gift certificates.
- DSBA-SFLY works "Digital Scrapbooking (Booth) - 20% off 12x12 DigiScrapbook"
3 - Unique Codes - Shutterfly also offers one time use codes, typically they are 18 alphanumeric characters long, that come with special offers. These codes may be emailed to you or included in a printed card when you get a Shutterfly shipment. They may be won via Shutterfly contests. They may come from Shutterfly or from partners like Yahoo, ImageStation, Cozi or Dogster. Often times you can see these codes being sold on eBay. This link will take you to eBay for a Shutterfly search. Also, if you goto the last page of this thread you will often see members looking to trade these codes.
Occasionally, if a promotion gets out of control with either shareable codes or unique codes, Shutterfly will cancel the codes. It's not foolproof, but in general you are better off entering a unique code only when you are ready to order. This reduces the risk of cancellation and leaves you the option of trading codes. You can combine all of these codes in one offer - so far there is no known limit.
This is taken from a wiki on another site - but I wrote 90% of the text so I'm just copying from myself.