From Case Western Reserve University's School of Medicine--Recent research studies revealed that love-related qualities-like gratitude--actually make us physically healthier.
Findings on The Power of Gratitude
- Defends- Just 15 minutes a day focusing on the things you are grateful for will significantly increase your body's natural antibodies.
- Sharpens- Naturally grateful people are more focused mentally and measurably less vulnerable to clinical depression.
- Calms- A grateful state of mind induces a physiological state called resonance that's associated with healthier blood pressure and heart rate.
- Strengthens- Caring for others is draining. But grateful caregivers are healthier and more capable than less grateful ones.
- Heals- Recipients of donated organs who have the most grateful attitudes heal faster.
Last edited by girltalk; 02-19-2008 at 09:35 PM. Reason: spelling -girltalk
29days.org....She was crippled but decided that every day for 29 days she would do something for someone else....and that is when things started happening.