Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ebay buyer from out of country-HELP what to do?

Ebay buyer from out of country-HELP what to do?

I listed an item for ebay auction and specifically stated in my auction that I ship only within the United States. Item is boxable and is somewhat heavy, car parts the hubby wanted to sell. I try to keep everything simple so I only do US and figured shipping at a flat rate/set amount.
    Anyway, 1 day into my auction a person from Istanbul/Turkey sent me an email asking how much it would cost to ship to there. I kindly replied thank you for your interest however I only ship within the U.S. etc.
    My item received several bids in the next few days and finally sold yesterday. The winner of my item was....yep.....the person from Turkey.
    Now what do I do?? Do I take box to the post office and get shipping calculated for Turkey and then send him his invoice with the actual amount? Or, do I respond and not ship out of the US as stated and reply to him/her?
    I don't want to be a snot but this is crazy. This is exactly the hassle I wanted to avoid. I wanted to just simply get paid and ship like all of the others. Not have to go through all this foreign shipping, weighing, calclulating, emailing and running back and forth stuff. My life is busy enough with the family and home etc. I guess I was just hoping for SIMPLE.
    I have never had a circumstance like this before so any advice would be great.
    HELP???

If you want the $, and want to take the time to get the actual cost then by all means go and do it - otherwise you'll have to relist if and probably eat the cost of that again. I guess it depends on how willing you are to run to the post office and what not and how "good" you feel on this person actually paying for the product. I know it isn't much help to tell you all this but if you don't see relisting it and just telling him you had stated you refuse to ship out of the US then I'd at least take the time to go get actual shipping just to make the cash and get it out of the house.

Thats exactly what I want to do. Just figure the shipping and then ship it and be done. I understand that he wants/needs the item enough to bid it. Its cool. It just aggrevates me a bit when I put a stipulation in there, get asked about it, give my answer and then have end up doing it anyway. OYE! Why even put it in there??? lol!
    Thanks for your advice!!

Yep, but it will also give you the option if you want to be a meanie about it to tell him "I -told- you we don't ship out of the US Did you check to be sure his feedback so far is decent so it doesn't kill your chance of being paid?

There is an easy way not to have to deal with this again. Just do this

To add buyer requirements to your listings:
    In My eBay, under the My Account column, click the "Preferences" link.

In the Seller Preferences section, click the “Edit” link. The Buyer Requirements page opens.

Select your buyer requirements. These include blocking buyers who:

Are registered in countries to which you don't ship

Have a negative feedback score

Have received Unpaid Item strikes

Have reportedly violated eBay policies

Are currently winning or have bought '1-100' of your items in the last 10 days

Do not have a PayPal account

Click the Submit button to save your requirements.

Paypal is real funny about protecting the seller of a sale that is going outside of the US, and could end up giving back the $ to the buyer for any reason. I would in no way send outside of the US if it is a pricey item that I would hate to lose the $ and the item. I would let the second bidder know if he wanted the item for the price he bid it's his because the other bidder did not play by the rules you set. I would also contact e-bay and let them know what was happening and that I was second chancing and I wanted my fvf for the first sale back and would pay it on the second chance item if the offer was accepted.

For future reference, change your eBay settings to block bids from people in countries to which you do not want to ship.

GL!

If I were you, I would report the buyer as an "unwelcome buyer" and relist the item (wait until the "unwelcome buyer" issue is resolved with Ebay first, though). If you ship it internationally, you have no way to prove delivery. So you would be VERY vulnerable to an item not received dispute. Too risky, IMO.

If your listing description clearly says that you only ship to the US, then you will absolutely "win" and get your FVF fees refunded, and get the transaction cancelled. This happens a lot, and Ebay's resolution of it is fast and easy when it's something this clear cut like this - he clearly isn't eligible to bid on your auction.

Oh... and then make sure you change your eBay settings as everyone has described to help prevent the same thing from happening again. And ban this particular buyer so you don't have to deal with him in the future.

To report your buyer as an "unwelcome buyer", fill out this form: http://cgi1.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...xpirationDate=

if you stated that in your listing and your told him that I would not ship it to him and offer it to the next bidder. I would not be surprised if there could be a fraud issue with being out of the country. lots of fraud tends to come of of the middle east and eastern europe. I have not heard of much from turkey but still I would not chance it.

Out of Country

As a matter of prioncipal, I refuse to sell or send to countries that generally are anti-American. I have their bids blocked and after they contact me an beg I add them to my blocked bidder list. I also dont buy from places not in the USA, as a matter of principal. In the other discussion abour leaving feedback, I learned a long time ago, as a seller, to not leave feedback untill the buyer has contacted me about a problem, or has left me feedback. Right now I have 1 buyer who claims its E-Bay policy that sellers must leave feedback as soon as they receive payment, and if i dont he will leave me negative feedback................I hope the jerk tries.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast