Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Search For Forgotten and Lost Money That Is Being Held By The States For Free

Search For Forgotten and Lost Money That Is Being Held By The States For Free

I didn't know whether to post this here or in the Real Life Help and Resources forum. I chose this forum because I thought more people would read it and hopefully benefit.

The U.S. Treasury Department is seeking the owners of over $1 billion in unclaimed property. In 2007, they returned nearly $88.8 million to over 63,000 owners. Unclaimed assets are just waiting to be claimed. These include stocks, bonds, mutual funds, bank accounts, uncashed payroll checks, utility deposits, travelerís checks, contents from deposit boxes, and more. Most of the assets are ones that people didnít know they had or just forgot about, and sometimes they are worth thousands of dollars.

Experts estimate that 1 out of every 8 people in the U.S. has some missing money. Do a free search for money that might be due you. Click on the link below and then go directly to a state's unclaimed property program by clicking on your state. You should search in every state where you have lived.

I found my name and I'm due a whopping $7.00 - enough to buy 1 1/2 gallons of gas!!
    Wish it was more but thrilled to be getting it. Every little bit helps.

Hope everyone gets lucky and finds their name!!

http://www.unclaimed.org/

Also - http://www.missingmoney.com/
    You can search many states at once. Especially great if you've lived in several states, or perhaps lived in one and worked in another, etc.

The states listed below currently participate and their records are contained in the MissingMoney.com national database. We are working with many states to add their data to the MissingMoney.com website so please check back soon.

Alabama, Alaska, Alberta Canada, Arizona, Colorado, District of Columbia, Florida, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin

The following states will soon have their data on the MissingMoney.com website so please check back soon.
    Illinois, New Mexico, Rhode Island

I found my grandma's name (deceased) and she was owed somewhere around $3000.00. My mom is the sole heir and had to send in proof of death etc.

That's really cool, thanks! My name showed up and so did my ex-husband's, but it didn't show an amount or who the money would be from. Everything was 'undisclosed'. So I'm filling out the form and sending it in.

Your request for a claim form or forms has been sent to the Unclaimed Property Section of the Georgia Department of Revenue. We will send a claim form or forms to the address above. Please allow up to 21 days for mail delivery.

This is what my result was???

Hi Shelly. My state had a toll free number to call - that's how I found out my amount. I checked Georgia for you. There's a phone number (not toll free) and an email address. Hope it's a bundle!!

Claims Inquiry - Georgia
    For additional inquiries about your claim please call or write to the address below. When making an inquiry it is necessary to provide the seven digit owner number appearing to the left of the name :

Georgia Department of Revenue
    Unclaimed Property Program
    4245 International Parkway, Suite A
    Hapeville, Georgia 30354-3918
    Phone: (404) 968-0490
    Fax: (404) 968-0772
    Email: ucpmail@dor.ga.gov

Didn't find anything for me but I did find some for my cousin - too bad she's too cheap to share - lol

I found $167.00!! But have to prove I lived there over 28 years ago I don''t have any records or bank stubs or anything with that address on it. Any ideas how I can get some proof?

Thanks for the post. I found my father-in-law listed (recently deceased). I'll have to print form for MIL so she can claim - it's under $100 - but I'm sure she'll take it!!

Good Luck getting your money if you find your name!! I found a site similar to this about 5 years ago and found my husband's name. He has money from 10 years ago from a large utility deposit. Nothing with that address is left from that long ago and the utility company records dont go back that far so................state wont budge on the funds...... .......but......if you have the proof for YOUR money...CONGRATS.....its yours so get it!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast