Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Aquademics program---through Petco

Free Aquademics program---through Petco

Register online here, then call your local Petco, they will supply you with a 10 gal fish/reptile tank and all the accessories for free! This is for Public, Private, & Home Schools! Some stores will actually do a demo for you & your class & set up everything if you ask. We are picking up our tank tomorrow! Hurry, because each store is only allotted so many tanks to give away! Oh & you can register each school yr for this.

Getting started with Aquademics®
    Aquariums offer a window into a world where lessons can be learned every day. It’s not just the science of creating a thriving ecosystem, but lessons of responsibility and interdependency that inspire students and teachers alike.

By signing up for Aquademics®, you’ll receive materials that make this hands-on, minds-on learning experience come to life. Along with important step-by-step instructions, there’s information on how Aquademics® can help meet state learning standards in Science, Math, Language Arts, Social Studies, Ecology, Writing and more.

http://www.tetra-fish.com/aquademics/default.aspx

I've just registered, but I don't see any information on getting a free set-up. How do you know you are eligible?

This sounds awesome, but there's not a Petco in my area. I actually don't think we're allowed to have live animals in our classrooms either

Aquademics--From Petco Website

Your Classroom could receive a FREE aquarium!
    4th and 5th Grade Teachers-
    The school of fish is now in session...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Aquademics® is a hands-on, minds-on enrichment opportunity that brings learning to life for children, whether they are sitting in the classroom or gathered with family members around the aquarium in the living room.

Now it's easy to incorporate the fun of an aquarium into your 4th or 5th grade students' learning experience.

Aquademics can help meet state learning standards in Science, Math, Language Arts, Social Studies, Ecology, Writing and more.

Lesson Plans
    Use the aquarium to create interest in a range of subjects from biology to creative writing, from math to social studies and more.

Resource Materials
    Use materials such as worksheets to give each student the opportunity for a hands-on, minds-on learning experience.

Cash for College
    One of your students could win $1,000 to save for college!

Special Offers
    Money-saving offers are available for Aquademics teachers.

Bring your class in to your local participating PETCO store for an unforgettable learning experience. Signups for the upcoming school year begin in August. For more information, visit your nearest PETCO store.

The site has encountered a problem. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for registering for Aquademics.

Ok, it's working now.

Call your local Petco, it's that easy. They were very helpful & excited about this program at the 2 stores I dealt with. The first one had already filled up, so the mgr called ahead across town for me, & pre-arranged everything with them for me...so helpful, he was! I picked up my tank & goodies to go with it today. They give you a packet of classroom info, and store coupons to go shopping with, or without your students for everything. I got everything free, and am very impressed with Petco. They wil even come and do a demo in classroom, setting everything up for you. Wonderful!

Your class does not have to come into the store, it is up to the school/teacher. I chose to just pick-up myself.
    Last edited by Godspoet; 10-05-2008 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. "G" View Post
    I've just registered, but I don't see any information on getting a free set-up. How do you know you are eligible?
    Call your local store(s), all schools are eligible, it just depends on if they have any tanks left to give out. Each store is allowed so many free ones.

East end of Long Island, on the south shore.
    Thanks for the post OP! I forwarded this to my sister who teaches elementary school. Her class will be so excited!

I printed everything out(and registered in ds' teachers name) and gave it to her. She thanked me. Her class at the other school did it last year but she had forgot about it for this class. Hopefully they get one this year. I think maybe that is how ds' class last year got Geiko the gecko. their blind albino gecko.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast