Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Unsolicited Magazine subscriptions

Unsolicited Magazine subscriptions

This week I have received copies of both Family Fun & Blender. Both appear to be the first issue of a 12 month subscription. I know I did not sign up for these magazines - I have seen both of them previously and neither of them interests me. I called the magazine phone numbers, and both of these subscriptions have come through a third party - National publisher's exchange agency. I will be calling them on monday to cancel. I find it really irritating that I am receiving something I never requested.

I've been getting Family Fun for some time now. Never asked for it, never asked to pay. It is a Disney mag, are you a member of Disney? Maybe that is where that one is coming from.

Another thought is relatives and or friends.... maybe someone who knows you signed you up thinking you'd like it?

I remember when I ordered something from Amazon recently there was a promo for a free subscription to Wired I think it was, one that I didn't want. I was never asked to provide info for it (address) so I'm assuming it will just come automatically. Maybe yours was something similar?

I know what you mean though, I've been getting a magazine that seems to be aimed toward home health care professionals - which I'm not.

Family Fun is a replacement of Disney Magazine. When it (small digest style kids magazine) died, the rest of the subscription was substituted. FF is not as good.

I love Family Fun and really wish I'd get a complimentary subscription like that without even trying!! I have to search far and wide to find the free subscriptions for it and go long times without it. I even share with my children's teachers. You might think about keeping the sub and passing it on to someone who would like to receive it.

Maxim, on the other hand, is one that just won't seem to go away. We got it as an unasked-for free sub close to 8 years ago and its still coming - we were even getting two identical copies at a time each month for a couple years. I put it straight into the recycling bin without even opening it. So I do understand your irritation at getting a magazine you don't want sent to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistysky5 View Post
    I love Family Fun and really wish I'd get a complimentary subscription like that without even trying!! I have to search far and wide to find the free subscriptions for it and go long times without it. I even share with my children's teachers. You might think about keeping the sub and passing it on to someone who would like to receive it.

Maxim, on the other hand, is one that just won't seem to go away. We got it as an unasked-for free sub close to 8 years ago and its still coming - we were even getting two identical copies at a time each month for a couple years. I put it straight into the recycling bin without even opening it. So I do understand your irritation at getting a magazine you don't want sent to you.

you can go online and switch your Maxim info (name & address to someone else like one of your friends or relatives.)
    you gotta put in your address and or account number from the label.

HTH

A lot of the magazines I get, news magazines, womens - Womans Day, etc., and my DH's magazines, Field and Stream, Bassmasster, etc. I take in to the local nursing home. A lot of the residents there love reading these, and especially Readers Digest in the large print. I ordered that one for them.

I do the same thing with my magazines. My neighbor works at a Nursing home so all my magazines once I am done I send them to work with her. She works midnight so when the residents awake to find magazines beside there beds. They look forward to it!

To cancel: Inside the cover or first couple of pages is usually an e-mail address you can access where you can type in the label information and ask to be removed from magazine mailings. I always send the message priority with return receipt request as well as ask them to send me a reply when they have cancelled my subscription in their system. Since following this format I never have had a problem getting off the lists for the magz I simply refuse to take.

Another idea: I take all the magazines I get and trade them at my used bookstore for books and DVDs I actually want. Magz usually trade in for a $1 a piece. That adds up nicely. I usually get enough magz in a month to trade for 2-3 newer DVDs and a couple of books.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast