Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Weight Watchers Plan 1980s

Old Weight Watchers Plan 1980s

Does anyone know where I can find the old Weight Watchers plan from the 1980's. I really liked this plan, and I can't find mine. This is the plan where each meal is planned out for you on a daily and weekly basis. It includes recipes for a vegetable soup and a vegetable pita. I e-mailed Weight Watchers asking them about it, and I never received a response. I've tried e-bay and amazon. com with no results. I would really appreciate any information/help you can give me.
    P.S. I had posted this one other time with no luck. I'm going to try it again!

Have you tried the library, or a used bookstore? I am sure they have older books on this.

LAMMIE I think I have what you are looking for and I agree that it is a nice plan. I still use it about once a year. Mine is dated 1983 - 1985. It has a full week's menu laid out with the various fruit, vegetable, milk, bread etc. exchanges at bottom of page. There is a vegetable soup recipe in week 1 booklet. It is not for sale but let me know if I can help you possibly sending you copies.

Maybe on eBay?

Could you please post the soup recipe? Thanks!

I would love the soup recipe also. I think it was a no point soup. Maybe this link?
    http://www.recipezaar.com/Ww-0-Point...ge-Soup-128956
    Last edited by AutismAwareness; 01-28-2009 at 08:50 PM.

i have a ww cookbook from the 80s for quick start plus. it has a menu for a total of 8 wks. if this is the one you want pm me and i will send the menus to you.

Vegetable Soup

Makes 2 servings, each providing:
    2 1/4 vegetable exchanges
    10 calories Optional Exchange

1/4 cup diced onion
    2 packets instant chicken broth and seasoning mix
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1 cup thinly sliced zucchini
    1/2 cup each thinly sliced carrot and chopped seeded tomato
    1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
    1/4 teaspoon basil leaves
    1/8 teaspoon pepper
    2 cups water

In 1 1/2 quart nonstick saucepan combine onion, broth mix, and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent. Add remaining ingredients except water and stir to combine; cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes. Add water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook until vegetables are soft about 20 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove about 1/2 cup vegetables from saucepan and set aside. In blender container, in 2 batches, puree remaining soup; return pureed mixture to saucepan, add reserved vegetables and heat.

Lammie Is this the book your looking for?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Weight-Watchers-...3%3A1|294%3A50

I want to thank everyone who has helped me find the old version of Weight Watchers. I have had some very kind people e-mail me and offer to help me out. You don't know how much I appreciate you thoughtfulness and the willingness to go the extra mile. I look forward to receiving copies of the plan, I appreciate the book websites, recipes, etc. You guys at dailyfreebies.com are the people I go to first if I have a question, problem, etc. It does my heart good knowing there are kind, thoughtful people out there who are willing to help a total stranger out. Thanks for all you've done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast