Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about printed coupons

Question about printed coupons

I just printed some coupons and I am almost out of ink. It printed the coupons and the bar codes but left off the numbers on the bottom of the bar code. It did print the numbers on the bar code at the top of the coupon. Will they still scan at the grocery or do I need to reprint them after changing my ink?

Printed coupons have to have a dot-scan barcode below the expiration date.

Printed coupons have to have a dot-scan barcode below the expiration date.

Do not accept withut a dot-scan barcode below the expiration date. That is how printed coupons are worded. So if there is no barcode below the expiration date, they will not scan and you can not use them.

I have a question about printed coupons. Why do manufacturers offer them and then whenever I try to use them at various stores nobody will take them? What is the point?

Quote Originally Posted by SusieB1960 View Post
    Will they still scan at the grocery
    My experience has been that they will scan just fine - the numbers are there in case the bar code won't scan, and the cashier can input from the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by blondi372 View Post
    I have a question about printed coupons. Why do manufacturers offer them and then whenever I try to use them at various stores nobody will take them? What is the point?
    Because the store can't tell it they're legit or not. Sometimes companies restrict an offer - either a certain number of coupons in total, or a certain demographic, or it was a reward w/purchase, that kind of thing, and links to the coupons get shared online, and "everyone" has access to them. Coupons also typically say they can't be copied etc, and with the internet ones, you can't tell if they are originals or not. Each store has its own policy. Mfrs obviously prefer them 'cause there's virtually no cost to them when they provide them online, versus paying to insert them in a coupon circular.

Well i guess the manufacters would prefer it too because they know no one will accept them so they don't have to pay any money. lol Does anyone know of what stores will accept them?

Wal-Mart's policy is to take internet coupons. Often the cashiers will refuse to take them though. So I carry a copy of Wal-Mart's coupon policy with me in my coupon file. I printed it from their website. It works every time.

Quote Originally Posted by blondi372 View Post
    Does anyone know of what stores will accept them?
    Around here - CVS, Walgreen's, and Giant Eagle all take them. I think Super Kmart does too.

Hmmm that is good to know about Walmart because I was there today and the cashier said they do not take them and gave me some lame excuse and then got rude. I will have to print their policy and take with me next time. Thanks.

sorry to be a pain but can you please give me the link for the policy so i can print it. you can email it to me blondi372@hotmail.com Thank you

I've never had any problems with internet printed coupons. We shop Fry's (Kroger), Safeway, Albertson's, Targe, Walgreens, and CVS. Only this week did a Safeway new clerk ask about one of my coupons and said it was a photocopy. What it was, was a last print before I changed ink so was more faint than the others I had given her. But it scanned without a problem.
    Last edited by HaroldS; 05-03-2009 at 09:47 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast