Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The rewards on E-Rewards are making me mad

The rewards on E-Rewards are making me mad

I have $153.40 on E-Rewards. I keep checking on their site once in a while to see if they have to decency to put up better rewards. They don't.

I guess I can't look at it as real money, because the exchanges you are getting are a minor rip off. Most things they offer, you end up either having to spend double what it would cost, or spend money on something that comes free in the mail.

For example, Delta Skymiles, it would cost me $50 per 1000 miles on e rewards, if I go to delta skymiles, I can buy 1000 miles for $35.71.

There is a Game Stop gift card for $25.00, it would cost me $50 on e rewards for it.

There is $10 off $50 purchase at macys.com or at their store (these are out of stock), which would cost $10 on e rewards, which is even, but if you are a member of Macy's Star Rewards, sometimes they send you For Free, $10 off $50 purchase coupons etc in the mail. I think these are also in the Sunday newspaper coupon sections too for anyone.

The magazines are worth it to me, as lots of these mags you can free on certain sites.

I sure wish they'd change their rewards. Mine does not expire until Sept. 2010, but part of me feels like I should just cash out soon, I always worry about survey sites going out of business.

Any suggestions?

I don't know what to tell you. Just keep aware of your expiring funds and stay ahead of the game on that. I only accrue about half of what you have in a year, so I do the following:
    I get Smithsonian for myself when it's available. Then border's rewards for that once a year redemption. Also, I will spend the $ on the Skymiles & HHonors points. Since I travel so infrequently now, it's a way to keep activity on those two accounts and I'm not having to outlay any true cash out of pocket. If it's a good year, I'll do WSJ when I can.

Good luck.

They used to make me so mad too. I gave up on them several years ago, probably about 2002, when the $2xx.xx I had in my account was forfeited because there had been no good prizes and after a year, the cash in my account expired.

What used to really tick me off about them was their prizes were such b.s. Such as the infamous Omaha Steaks prize you could get, which was something like a $10 0ff $50 order or something like that, the SAME EXACT code you get get on one of the myriad numbers of freebies/discount code sites on the Internet. What kind of prize is that?! Why should I work my time to make a few 'bucks' to cash out for a discount code that is already all over the 'net? Sheesh!

LN423, that is exactly what I am talking about. Most of the rewards are a rip off like the $25 gift card to Game Stop that costs me $50 or they are for things you can get elsewhere for Free. I think after I cash this out, for what I don't know, but after i cash out I will quit them. I agree with you, why should we spend our time doing surveys for things we can get for free.

Like I said, I can wait till sept 2010 and see if they put up other stuff or just get anything. I just worry they could shut down any time and I lose my money.

I don't think they will change or add any better rewards any time soon, as they haven't in a long long time. In fact they took away the only thing I ever did get, which was the American Airline miles. Even though they charge more for their miles than the airline websites. it's money of mine that it stuck in their company.

The " 2 Free Previously Viewed Blockbuster Movies " reward is nice if you have kids....

Gentyl26, that is not too bad, I do have grandkids, but I just checked and I don't have a blockbuster offer. i have heard on here that people have different offers available in their reward center. I would have done that with blockbuster, I don't have any kind of blockbuster offer.

Oh sorry hon. I wasn't aware that different people had different rewards....makes no sense if you ask me!

I know, everyone should have the same rewards. Mine are not so good. I keep hoping they will change them, but mine have not been changed.

Quote Originally Posted by LN423 View Post
    They used to make me so mad too. I gave up on them several years ago, probably about 2002, when the $2xx.xx I had in my account was forfeited because there had been no good prizes and after a year, the cash in my account expired.

What used to really tick me off about them was their prizes were such b.s. Such as the infamous Omaha Steaks prize you could get, which was something like a $10 0ff $50 order or something like that, the SAME EXACT code you get get on one of the myriad numbers of freebies/discount code sites on the Internet. What kind of prize is that?! Why should I work my time to make a few 'bucks' to cash out for a discount code that is already all over the 'net? Sheesh!
    I agree with your comment! I am about to give up on Erewards, it just is not worth the time. And the rewards are not good at all

The only decent reward option I have is for Express. I remember that I signed up through an email specifically for Express though. I don't look at the reward values as being equal to real money values. In the case of Express, I know that $50 in e-rewards = $25 Express gift card, or $95=$50. Since I know this going in, it doesn't really upset me.

I wish I had more decent options than just Express, but since I build up to the $50 gift card level with relatively few surveys, I really can't complain. I don't always find a lot in the store that interests me... but I wait patiently and it pays off. I just used my last $50 and got over $200 worth of items that were on sale (3 sweaters and sweater dress).

IMO, it helps to not think of the e-rewards values and being equal to real dollar values.... they aren't and we know that going in. I do agree though that the rewards for things like $10 off of $50 are a total waste since we can usually find coupons for that amount without doing surveys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast