Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: buying new home freebies?

buying new home freebies?

Does anyone know of freebies and/or coupons available for people who buy a home. I thought there was something a while back available for home depot/lowes etc. when you purchase a home but I cant remember. I know we have a lot of remodeling to do.

I'll see if I can find what I posted a while back for Lowe's & Home Depot. But you can get discounts when change your address with the post office. You can do it online (I think it costs $1 to do online, just so that they can verify your identity), and you'll get some offers online & some in the mail. You can also pick up the change of address kit in a post office, it has coupons for Lowe's, Best Buy, other stores & services.

Here's what I posted previously: http://www.freesamplesite.com/ydf/sh...ighlight=lowes
    Looks like the Lowes link doesn't work, but you could search their site to see if there's a signup. But as I said, they do offer discounts through the post office change of address kit.

Bed Bath & Beyond will give you a coupon for 20% off one item - sign up for their e-mails, and they'll e-mail you the coupon right away.

You could search here to see what else might be available, such as rebates on paint. Lowes and/or Home Depot have offered them. Sherwin Williams has occasionally had coupons in the coupon circulars of the Sunday newspapers.

Depending on what type of remodeling you're doing, you might be able to get some supplies at a huge discount. I don't recall the name of the group, but some group accepts materials extras from contractors - things like toilets, tiles, lumber, etc. I'll try to find the name of that group.

Quote Originally Posted by katland View Post
    Depending on what type of remodeling you're doing, you might be able to get some supplies at a huge discount. I don't recall the name of the group, but some group accepts materials extras from contractors - things like toilets, tiles, lumber, etc. I'll try to find the name of that group.
    The ReStore does this. They're run by Habitat for Humanity. They have supplies you can buy at huge discounts, and they'll also take donated items (if you remodel and have old stuff to get rid of).

Here is their website: http://www.habitat.org/cd/env/restore.aspx

Thanks Sugarmag, I couldn't remember the name.

Congrats Babs! Look to see if your new area has a Welcome Wagon they'll send you lots of area coupons.

Thank you

Thank you very much.. any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Yes welcome wagin

what is the "welcome Wagon" ?

Quote Originally Posted by babsaroonie View Post
    what is the "welcome Wagon" ?
    "Welcome Wagon is the world's largest welcoming service to the new homeowner with a variety of products, designed to help our customers – our partners – build their businesses. Each year, we reach out to millions of new homeowners with our flagship product, the Welcome Wagon Gift Book. We know who the homebuying family is, what they want and how to reach them. But that’s not surprising: we’ve been getting to know them for a long time."

http://www.welcomewagon.com/index.ph...d=58&Itemid=98

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast