Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2.1.17 February's Dinner Menu

I've got a pork loin just popped in the oven to roast. I gave it a good coating of a Vietnamese restaurant type of marinade - lemongrass paste, soy, garlic, onion, miso paste, etc. It smells good, keeping my fingers crossed. Dd has a few packages of udon noodles so I will add a ton of veggies (asparagus, carrot, scallions, celery, sweet red bell pepper, long thin green beans) that I just sliced up and a sauce that I stirred up with sesame oil, rice vinegar, hot sauce, soy, curry, etc. Hope it turns out like lo mein. Smells good anyway. Mmm. I'm getting hungry.

Sounds good flossie. Well I thought we would have a snackin day but that went out the window when dh went shopping. He bought a steak on sale,and enjoyed the fried potatoes with onions so much yesterday that he asked if I could make them again which I did. He also had a side of cottage cheese w/onions, I was going to give him corn but he wanted the other. It really does not matter to me. He also bought more Paczkis, rasberry filled w/powdered sugar the Polish donuts they make for lent. I keep looking at them but refuse to try one because I know I will want another.He did buy me Hood peanut butter pie ice cream so I will stic with that. I had my usual unusual salad with all kinds of veggies and even fruit in it.

"The mask dulls and opiates the embarrassment, it veils the shame ... it disguises the red faced cheeks ... encourages one to speak and to risk."
    Grams, I have been known to add, apples, strawberries, or mandarin oranges to salad on occasion. I made a quiche for breakfast and grilled steaks w/asparagus & roasted sweet potatoes, garlic bread for dinner.

Dh and ds are grilling boneless pork chops and have put tator tots in the oven. I also brought home a container of macaroni salad bought from work. Though, truthfully, I'm not real hungry since I've been sipping coffee and snacking on a few no bake cookies I'd made last night. They're dead easy: peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, sea salt, vanilla, oats, cocoa powder.

We had leftovers from last night's snacks - veggies & ranch dip, tortilla chips & hummus, and strawberries & chocolates for dessert.

Dd's bday today. Making Zuppa Toscana and a big chopped salad w/greens, tomato, eggs, salami, carrot and celery. Not sure on dessert. Sort of thinking about making some upside down pineapple mini cakes (in a muffin pan).

Or rum soaked grilled pineapple.
    Last edited by flossie73; 02-28-2017 at 11:10 AM.

My dad's bday today. But he's got a cold and doesn't feel like eating anything special. So I'll probably just make scrambled eggs with leftover tots, bacon, white cheddar and spinach in them. More rummy pineapple for dessert.

Last night was a frozen pizza with spicy sausage and red bell peppers.

Tonight's a surprise of sorts. I am bringing a salad of chopped romaine, dried cranberries, pecans and diced pear. I made a maple vinaigrette to dress it with once we get to our friends' house. They are making the main course, though I don't know what it is. (Was told to just bring a chopped salad.) Love surprises!

Its MARCH, where is Cynde???

We had frozen pizza last night flossie. I added pepperoni and mushrooms to a 4 cheese pizza.

Happy Birthday to your dad. Hope he is feeling better.

Today not sure what our menu will be. Gd and family will be stopping in and are bringing food.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234