Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3.1.17 March Madness Dinner Thread

Last night - Dh and I and a friend went to a local Vietnamese place. It was terrible. I got a fried rice that had a ton of little, dried shrimp in it and all I could smell or taste was seafood. (I don't like seafood.) Dh ate some of it and we brought it home so he or dd will eat the rest. Dh and my friend shared their General Tso's chicken and Orange Chicken, which they were both dissatisfied with, too. This place had new owners come in a few months ago and we hadn't been in there yet. Drats.

Tonight - Although it's cold, I think we'll grill pork chops. I'll roast Brussels sprouts and carrots with a little maple syrup and coconut oil and pink sea salt. Dd made a huge salad a couple of days ago that I need to get out of the fridge (taking up too much space) so that will fill in the rest of our plates.

Last night it was leftover corned beef, cabbage etc. Today we already had dinner and I cooked cod, it was on sale and it was very good. Store bought from deli potato salad and cole slaw. We have girl scout cookies for dessert for dh and i will have a token small bowl of ice cream later on. Dogs are fed, they eat in courses now. LOL Not big portions of any course. Spoiled is what they are.

My dad made corned beef, cabbage/potatoes/carrots for supper last night.

We had the same dinner last night flossie. I think it will be a repeat today. Although we may find something else and save the leftovers for tomorrow.

Dh bough a Dutch Apple Pie from the bakeshop where I worked yesterday, it was on sale of course, lol. He has the with sliced cheddar cheese, I eat a small bowl of ice cream to satisfy my sweet tooth.

Last night - stopped at Subway while out and about. Dh and ds had foot long subs and I had a chopped rotisserie chicken salad. Yummo.

I'd bought a big bag of 6 romaine lettuce hearts from Sam's Club a week or so ago which need to be used up asap. So we'll be having taco salads tonight.

Dh had tuna with onions on rolls. Same old salad with variations for me. Love it. Dessert for him was the dutch apple pie w/cheddar cheese
    and me, the well know small bowl of ice cream.

Dh and I were out in the nearby city. We reasoned that, because it's our anniversary tomorrow, we should go out to eat before hitting Sam's Club one last time (membership expires tomorrow). Dh got cioppino (sp? - seafood stew, anyway) and I got a breakfast bowl of local made sausage, diced baby reds, onions and bell peppers, WI made white cheddar curds and a couple of MN organic fried eggs on top with the yolks dribbling over the whole works... and a little cup of an aioli, per my request. So stuffed.

Hmm. Nobody but you and I seem to eat anymore, Grams, ha ha...

I was thinking the same thing flossie, no one else eats. Remember when so many posted and some very elaborate dinners. I enjoyed reading those posts. Last night was steak again that I had in the freezer. Mushrooms, mashed potatoes and creamed corn. Ice cream for both of us for dessert.

I really like when I can get a couple of meals out of my cooking, the corned beef is finally gone, thinking of making shepards pie for tonight.

Sunny one is now among the missing too. Hope all is well with her and her family.

I'd noticed her MIA, too. Hope all is well.

I wonder if the drop of participants had to do with limiting (I guess that's the word) topics of conversation and differing perspectives. So many can't just scroll by what they don't agree with, or keeping some things to themselves, etc. Personally, I didn't mind political topics or religious or whatever else that some get offended by. When a post felt too long-winded or judgemental, I just skimmed or skipped them. I don't think it's offensive that others have different opinions from my own.

Anyway. I'm off unexpectedly today so I've enjoyed a leisurely breakfast of coffee and a slice of toast with liversausage and cheese. Also had a handful of huge, sweet and juicy blackberries.( My stars, they're so good.) Making a mental list of my plan for the morning. Though I should put it in writing since I've gotten so forgetful, ha ha.

I've got leftover taco meat and fajita mix, along with most of the rest of the things needed for taco salads again. So we may use that up tonight, as long as I remember to swing by the store for more lettuce.

I totally enjoyed the controversial topics and discussions we used to have here.

I always thought if people did not like it just do not read it. I miss girltalk too. She brought a lot of interesting things to the board. There are many more I miss. Everytime I use fels naptha on stains in the wash I think of Breezin. Kind of a funny thing for me to remember about her but I always enjoyed her posts. There were so so many. I feel bad its seems pretty much down to you and i and a couple of others now and then and thanks to Sugarmag the board is still here. I know a lot of people most likely have replaced these types of boards with Facebook but I do not care for FB because it is so impersonal.

I am making the shepards pie in between putting a stop on the tree cutters taking down our trees because they have failed to produce a certificate of liability insurance yet. They gave me a song and dance earlier and said it would be in my email, it is not. So they are sitting in their trucks. Oh well, I was told we would have an insurance certificate in our hand before they came on the property. Should not be so difficult to get one. I have dealt with other tree cutting services in the past and haing the proof of insurance was never a problem. This nice sweet lady is probably being called other names now. LOL

I know this is adinner thread but I need to vent somewhere.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast