I have a black and white Samsung laser printer which I needed to reinstall after getting FIOS. Well, the installation disk connected me to the web and downloaded a Samsung program to brick the printer if I had anything other than Samsung toner installed. Everything died, even the connection to the web. Before this I had a reading of 95% of toner remaining and the printer functioned perfectly. Staples sells the particular Samsung brand monochrome toner for $90. I was about to print off my TurboTax returns and now couldn't obviously using this printer. Fortunately my wife has a Brother laser printer two floors away and I sent the tax returns to that printer which handled it all easily. I am taking this Samsung printer to the dump today on the principle of not accepting blackmail and am buying a replacement for my wife who viewed this as a great opportunity to get a white printer (she would prefer white to black). In any event, I would warn everyone of Samsung's toner prices ($90 vs. $22 for my wife's Brother, both monochrome laser toners rated for the same number of pages) and the fact that Samsung will brick its printer first chance it gets if you have non-Samsung toner in it. I later found a warning in fine print when it connected to the web saying if the toner wasn't Samsung during the install the printer would become disabled. (This was on one of those small font technical pages nobody reads typically which goes on forever.) We will be buying her a Brother or perhaps HP as a replacement and probably never buy anything by Samsung again. I currently have Samsung TVs and a tablet which I will never do again. First exploding phones, now bricking printers on purpose...